This workshop is hands down a must for anyone wanting to start working with hand and power tools.
All workshops are run by Trainer Penny Petridis Founder/Manager of Female Tradie
“Having the skills to fix and build things, brings great power and ohh, so much much Joy. I get so excited to run these workshops as I know how life changing, getting handy is. With 30 yrs experience in trades & construction, I have so much I want to teach and share with you. Hope you can join me on these dates and looking forward to seeing you there” PP
All Training is hands on. We believe there is no better way of learning then to get amongst it and have a go yourself in a safe environment.
This one Day Workshop is a Pre-requisite for all our Courses enabling the best Specialised Training.
You’ll learn about
- The common toolbox tools and How to use them
- Different Tyoes of Screws and Fixings and their use
- Drills & Drill Bits
- Different Types of Structural Timbers
- 3 common Hardwoods
- The most common power tools the power Drill and Impact Driver and How to use them
- You will learn how to Draw up your project currectly
Get Hands On
- Measure & Cut all material needed for your project using a Hand saw correctly
- Construct a Small woodworking project to give you the hands on practise with the tools
- Fix to Timber , Plasterboard ( Gyprock ) and Masonry Walls
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Know how to put your picture frames up
- Hang your shelves
- Fix anything to any type of wall
- You will have the knowledge to conduct minor repairs to your home
- Construct basic Timber Projects
- Have gained the confidence to use hand & Power Tools
- Where are the workshops and where do we meet ? 10 Carrington Rd, Marrickville meet out front BUILDING A ( there is a female Tradie sign)
- What time do the workshops start ? meet at front of Building A @ 9am SHARP
- What do I need to bring? – All Tools and Materials will be provided for all workshops unless of course you would like to bring yours.
- Where are the workshops run? – Training is run from our Base Workshop in Marrickville.
- Do you feed us? – Due to COVID we are restricted to Coffee and Snacks. Bring your own lunch.
- Who is this workshop for? – Even though most of our students are predominately FEMALES we are not exclusive to any gender and encourage all genders to Join us. We do not discriminate Gender, Race or Sexuality. Everyone is welcome and it is our upmost priority that we provide a safe space for everyone.
- Transport – There is plenty of off street parking. Tempe and Marrickville Train Stations are both within a 10 minute walk.