Woohoo !! we are super excited.to be bringing our Get Handy DIY workshop & Training to Brisbane and cant wait to share some DIY skills & Training with you all..
This Workshop will be run by Founder of Get Handy and Director of Female Tradie Penny Petridis. Penny has been in trades for 30 yrs now with multi trades including Metal Fabrication , Carpentry , horticulture , Specialist in Kitchen And Bathroom and also has completed her Building & Construction Certification. She is a woman with a mission.. !!
“My main focus and passion lies in training, support and mentoring females ( please note all are welcome we have had many gentlemen join us, which I absolutely LOVE ) of all ages to gain practical experience through these workshops.
These workshops, not only teach you these practical life skills but just as important help you build your courage that benefits all areas of your life.
“I love seeing the difference of in students confidence and the change from the beginning of the workshop to the end. Most want to leave the class and head to the nearest tool shop to buy their first drill.. Such Joy ” Penny
This workshop is hands down a must for anyone wanting to start working with hand and power tools.
All Training is hands on. We believe there is no better way of learning, then getting amongst it and have a go in a safe environment.
This One Day Workshop is a Pre-requisite for all our other Courses enabling the best Specialised Training.
You’ll learn about
- The common toolbox tools and How to use them
- Different Types of Screws and Fixings and their use
- Drills & Drill Bits
- Different Types of Structural Timbers
- 3 common Hardwoods
- The most common power tools – the power Drill and Impact Driver and How to use them
- You will learn how to Draw up your project correctly
- Fixings on walls
Get Hands On
- Measure & Cut all material needed for your project
- Construct a Small woodworking project to give you the hands on practise with the tools
- Fix to Timber , Plasterboard ( Gyprock ) and Masonry Walls
After this workshop you will be able to:
- You will have the knowledge to use your hand tools correctly
- Understand and us your power drill and impact driver confidently
- Knowledge of different fixings
- Pilot holes & Countersinking
- Hang your shelves or pictures
- Fix anything to any type of wall
- Where are the workshops and where do we meet ? The workshops will be run at New Farm Community Hall, 967 Brunswick Street, NEW FARM QLD 4005
- What time do the workshops start ? workshops start at 9 am but please meet out the front at 8.50am. please try not to be Late as its a jam packed day and helps with the flow if we are alone time.
- What Time to the workshops finish? workshops usually finish at 2.30 but depending on the pace of the class can run up to 3pm.
- What do I need to bring? – All Tools and Materials will be provided for all workshops unless of course you would like to bring yours.
- Do you feed us? – We Offer Coffee/Tea and snacks but please bring your own lunch at this stage as we are new to the area and unfamiliar with the surrounds
- What do I wear ? – Wear light and comfortable clothing. Although steel caps shoes not A PRIORITY. Wear good protective shoes. BE SMART
- Who is this workshop for? – This DIY workshop is for beginners wanting to get familiar with hand and power tools and get some hands on experience. This workshop teaches you some important life skills and We ENCOURAGE all genders to Join us. We do not discriminate Gender, Race or Sexuality. Everyone is welcome and it is our upmost priority that we provide a safe space for everyone.
- Transport & Parking – There seems to be metered 8hr metres parking on the street of the venue at $12.50 per day and also non metred parking in adjacent streets however please leave enough time to find a park as it seemed to be quiet busy on our visit ( weekday) unsure on a Saturday. Again this is our first time to the area so unsure about parking behaviours so best to allow plenty of time.
Please feel free to email me on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Can’t wait to get you all skilled and full of courage.. Looking forward to meeting you all.