This one DIY course for beginners was designed specifically to teach you how to use your first tool kit safely and correctly and ultimately give you the courage to take on some of your own DIY home repairs.
Penny Petridis from female Tradie and founder or Get Handy Workshops says “This workshop is designed specifically to teach you as many skills as possible so you can have the confidence to go home and take on your own DIY project yourself. Our students not only save money $$ from maintenance call outs but also feel empowered when they walk out that do. Thats the best part of the job “
Our Sydney DIY Workshops for beginner are run by Scarlett Steven who has been on the tools working in fine arts and Sculptures. She has experience in both wood and metal fabrication and loves folding up her sleeves getting amongst DIY home repairs.
All Training is hands on. We believe there is no better way of learning, than getting amongst it and have a go in a safe environment.
This One Day Workshop is a Pre-requisite for all our Courses enabling the best Specialised Training.
You’ll learn about
- The common toolbox tools and how to use them
- Different Types of Screws and Fixings and their use
- Drills & Drill Bits
- Different Types of Structural Timbers
- The most common power tools – the power Drill and Impact Driver and How to use them
- You will learn how to Draw up your project correctly
- Fixings on walls
Get Hands On
- Measure & Cut all material needed for your project
- Construct a Small woodworking project to give you the hands on practise with the tools
- Fix to Timber , Plasterboard ( Gyprock ) and Masonry Walls
After this workshop you will be able to:
- You will have the knowledge to use your hand tools correctly
- Understand and use your power drill and impact driver confidently
- Knowledge of different fixings
- Pilot holes & Countersinking
- Hang your shelves or pictures
- Fix anything to any type of wall
- Where are the workshops and where do we meet ? 10 Carrington Rd, Marrickville meet out front BUILDING A ( there is a sign out front)
- What time do the workshops start ? meet at front of Building A @ 8.20am
- What time does the workshop finish ? We hope to have the workshop all wrapped up by 3pm
- What do I need to bring? – All Tools and Materials will be provided for all workshops unless of course you would like to bring yours.
- Where are the workshops run? – Training is run from our Base Workshop in Marrickville.
- Do you feed us? – We Offer Coffee/Tea and snack and a piece of our much loved traditional Greek Spinach and Fetta Pie. Feel free to bring your own lunch. Also Bring your water bottle
- What do I wear ? – Wear light and comfortable clothing. Although steel caps shoes not A PRIORITY. Wear good protective shoes. BE SMART
- Who is this workshop for? – This workshop teaches you some important life skills and We ENCOURAGE all genders to Join us. We do not discriminate Gender, Race or Sexuality. Everyone is welcome and it is our upmost priority that we provide a safe space for everyone.
- Transport – There is plenty of off street parking. Tempe and Marrickville Train Stations are both within a 10 minute walk.
Please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Cant wait to get you all skilled and full of courage.. Looking forward to meeting you all.