All workshops are run by Builder / Carpenter trainer Penny Petridis and are occasionally accompanied by trade specialists to offer additional advice and opinions.
All Training is hands on. We believe there is no better way of learning than to get amongst it and have a go yourself in a safe environment.
This workshop will run over the following Days: December
Friday 1st and 2nd December 2023 – 8.30 – 3.30pm
You’ll learn about
- Different types of carpentry tools; hand tools and power tools including power drill, impact driver and drop saw
- Learn how to draw, plan and provide a cutting list for our first decking project
- Different types of timbers
- Different joints and fixings
- Briefly touch on Foundations
- Framing members – bearers, joists, decking boards and flooring
Get Hands On
- The different types and how to choose the right timbers
- Measuring and cutting your own post rebates
- Construct a deck from scratch with our team including posts, bearers, joists and decking boards.
After this workshop you will be able to
- Have the confidence to start constructing your own carpentry projects
- Appreciate and understand timbers and materials
- Take the confidence learned in this course to pursue further training
This Course includes
- 2 full days training in a small intimate group with a leader in the industry
- Ongoing support for future carpentry projects
- All tools and materials included
- Take-home worksheets
- Complimentary morning tea & Coffee
PLEASE NOTE: The ONE DAY DIY Beginners Workshop is a pre-requisite for this 2 DAY COURSE. It is an intense 2 days and the basics of using hand tools, countersinking tools, cordless drill and impact driver is a must.
- Where are the workshops and where do we meet? 9 Fern St MULLUMBIMBY
- What time do the workshops start ? workshops start at 8.30 please meeting 8.20am
- What do I need to bring? – All Tools and Materials will be provided for all workshops unless of course you would like to bring yours.
- Where are the workshops run? – Training is run from our northern rivers Base Workshop in Mullumbimby
- Do you feed us? – Tea / coffee and Snacks will be provided. Please Bring your own lunch
- Who is this workshop for? – Even though most of our students are predominately females we are not exclusive to any gender. We do not discriminate Gender, Race or Sexuality and actually encourage all to join. . Everyone is welcome and it is our upmost priority that we provide a safe space for everyone.
- Transport – There is plenty of on street Parking