This Workshop is run by Founder of FEMALE TRADIE , Penny Petridis with over 30 years experience in trades and Construction. She is so passionate about teaching you the skills and courage to be independent and tackle your own projects at home.
All Training is hands on. We believe there is no better way of learning, then to get amongst it and have a go in a safe environment.
This one Day Workshop is a Pre-requisite for all our Courses enabling the best Specialised Training.
You’ll learn about
- The common toolbox tools and How to use them
- Different Tyoes of Screws and Fixings and their use
- Drills & Drill Bits
- Different Types of Structural Timbers
- 3 common Hardwoods
- The most common power tools the power Drill and Impact Driver and How to use them
- You will learn how to Draw up your project currectly
- Fixings on walls
Get Hands On
- Measure & Cut all material needed for your project
- Construct a Small woodworking project to give you the hands on practise with the tools
- Fix to Timber , Plasterboard ( Gyprock ) and Masonry Walls
After this workshop you will be able to:
- You will have the knowledge to use your hand tools correctly
- Understand and us your power drill and impact driver confidently
- Knowledge of different fixings
- Pilot holes & Countersinking
- Hang your shelves or pictures
- Fix anything to any type of wall
- Where are the workshops and where do we meet ? 9 Fern ST, Mullumbimby
- What time do the workshops start & Finish ? workshops start at ( am please arrive 10 minutes early ) and finish at 3pm
- What do I need to bring? – All Tools and Materials will be provided for all workshops unless of course you would like to bring yours.
- Do you feed us? – We Offer Coffee/Tea and snack and various sandwich options for lunch
- What do I wear ? – Wear light and comfortable clothing. Although steel caps shoes not A PRIORITY. Wear good protective shoes. BE SMART
- Who is this workshop for? – This workshop teaches you some important life skills and We ENCOURAGE all genders to Join us. We do not discriminate Gender, Race or Sexuality. Everyone is welcome and it is our upmost priority that we provide a safe space for everyone.
- Transport – There is plenty of off street parking.
Please feel free to email me on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Cant wait to get you all skilled and full of courage.. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Unfortunately due to the small numbers in our workshops and the recent influx of cancellations and no shows we can no longer off a refund or change of date with no cost.
Although our values are always to best support you, the business will not be able to keep afloat without these charges incurring. We will always do our best to work with you but aim is fr all to be well and you turn up to the awesome experience of theses workshops.
Please read carefully before purchasing a ticket. NO refunds within 14 days of the workshop although we always do try to support you and offer to do our best to try pass the ticket on to our network but cant guarantee. If successful there will be an admin $60.
If you give us more than 14 Days notice we will give you credit for another workshop date depending on availability. This is also a $60 admin charge.
Thank you for your understanding,