Get Handy – Carpentry Workshop
Have you completed our D.I. Y / Repair workshops and want to know more?
Do you want to step it up a notch and get your hands on some carpentry skills?
This course is a great progression from our DIY / REPAIR workshop
This 3–Day Carpentry Course will give you the knowledge, confidence & skills to start tackling your own carpentry projects. This course has been carefully designed to equip you with the skills and techniques to get started with confidence.
We will focus on the different timbers used when building and will complete a decking project from start to finish.
During the 3 days you will also be provided with worksheets to take home and reference when needed. The course is capped to 6 students for maximum hands–on experience.
“Over the last 28 years I have worked on many carpentry projects and have learnt all the tricks of the trade. I will be able to show you the correct techniques and methods that will help you produce great results”
Penny Petridis, Founder & Trainer, Female Tradie
You’ll also get exclusive access to our Get Handy closed carpentry social media group. We are a small group of like-minded people inspiring and supporting projects. The platform allows you to participate and get feedback and tips on your project for many years to come.
This Course includes
- 3 full days training in a small intimate group with a Leader in the Industry
- Activation to our MEMBERS ONLY Carpentry Facebook group providing continued support for your carpentry projects
- Complimentary How to Videos
- Take–home worksheets
You’ll learn about
- Different types of carpentry tools; hand tools and power tools including power drill, impact driver and drop saw
- Learn how to draw and plan and provide a cutting list for our first decking project.
- Different types of timbers
- Different joints and fixings
- Foundations – posts and how to concrete a post in the ground
- Framing members – bearers, joists, decking boards or cladding
Get Hands On
- The different types and how to choose the right timbers
- Working with the team to concrete post in the ground
- Measuring and cutting your own post rebates
- Construct a deck from scratch with our team including posts, bearers, joists and decking boards.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Have the confidence to start constructing your own carpentry projects
- Appreciate and understand timbers and materials
- Take the confidence learned in this course to pursue further training
“Absolutely loved the carpentry course! Having little experience working with tools Penny took us through step-by-step so that we felt confident using tools and creating projects. I learnt so much. I would whole heartedly recommend this workshop to anyone. I’m so excited to use my new skills on future projects.”
About your trainer Penny
Penny Petiridis has been paving her way through the building & construction industry. With 28 years building experience in Carpentry, Metal Fabrication, Horticulture and also completing her Building & Construction Cert 4 she is undoubtably a leader in her knowledge and field.
Penny has also been running her own Renovating & Building Business FEMALE TRADIE celebrating the 10 year Anniversary this year. With Penny’s skills and attention to detail, FEMALE TRADIE is one of the most sought after contractors in the inner west and at most times finds it difficult to keep up with the demand which initiated her passion.
Penny’s mission is to ENCOURAGE, TRAIN & SUPPORT women to also follow their dreams. She understands how difficult it is to learn the tools and especially start a business in the industry. She’s passionate about making a difference and through her workshops & training she is determined to pave the way.