One Day Workshop
Get Handy – Beginners DIY & Home Repairs
Do you want to jump on tools, but have no idea how to use them?
This one day workshop is packed full of knowledge to get you started and will get you underway with your own D.I.Y projects. This Workshop is all Hands On and will give you the Confidence to get started with hand and Power Tools.
This one Day Workshop is a Pre-requisite for all our Courses enabling the best Specialised Training.
You’ll learn about
- The most common toolbox tools and how to use them
- Different types of screws and fixings and their use
- Drills & drill bits
- Different types of structural timbers
- 3 common hardwoods
- The most common power tools – The power drill and impact driver and how to use them
- You will learn how to correctly draw and spec up your project
Get Hands On
- Measure & cut all material needed for your project using a hand saw
- Construct a small woodworking project to give you hands on practise with the tools
- Fix to timber, plasterboard (Gyprock) and masonry walls
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Know how to put your picture frames up
- Hang your shelves
- Fix anything to any type of wall
- Conduct minor repairs to your home
- Construct basic timber projects
- Have the confidence to use hand & power tools
“This is a fantastic course for anyone who needs a little reassurance with tools. Penny is a patient and kind teacher with a great sense of humour. Before I did this course, I couldn’t use a drill, now I’m a confident “handy-woman” in my home. It’s rather liberating knowing you do it yourself. Thanks Penny!”
“So much fun learning with the girls! Would recommend a Saturday morning with Penny and her power tools!!!”
About your trainer Penny
Penny Petiridis has been paving her way through the building & construction industry. With 28 years building experience in Carpentry, Metal Fabrication, Horticulture and also completing her Building & Construction Cert 4 she is a leader in her knowledge and field.
Penny has also been running her own renovations & building business Female Tradie which recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary. With Penny’s skills and attention to detail, Female Tradie is one of the most sought after contractors in Sydney.
Penny’s mission is to ENCOURAGE, TRAIN & SUPPORT women to follow their dreams. She understands how difficult it is to learn the tools and especially start a business in a male dominated industry. She’s passionate about making a difference and through her workshops & training she is determined to lead the way.