Get Handy – Intensive Carpentry Course
Do you want to renovate your house and don’t know where to begin?
Do you want to get in trades and need some confidence and tool skills to stand out from the crowd.
You can literally save thousands of $’s on trade Costs.
This Intensive 10 day workshop will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to understand the different materials used in carpentry construction. This course has been carefully compiled to bring you maximum results in both your tools & Technique skills. We also focus on the most common Carpentry projects such as decking , flooring , framing , We work on gate and fence structures and also work on finishes such as doors, skirting & Architraves.
This course is an amazing investment giving you lifetime skills you will keep with you forever. This will give you the skills to renovate your own home or help get you selected in your dream job.
During the 10 days you will also be provided with worksheets to take home and reference when needed.
This course has only a maximum of 6 students for maximum hands on experience
“Over the last 28 years I have worked on many carpentry projects and have learnt all the tricks of the trade. I will be able to show you the correct techniques and methods that will help you produce great and faster results”
Penny Petridis, Female Tradie
During this course you will also be a member of our Get Handy closed carpentry group. We are a small group of like minded people inspiring and supporting our projects. Everyone is invited to participate when wanted and this is a social platform to give you support for your building and carpentry projects for many years to come.
This Course includes
- 10 full days training in a small intimate group with a Leader in the Industry
- You will receive a complimentary tool bag and hand tools to get you through your course
- Activation to our MEMBERS ONLY Carpentry facebook group providing continued support for your carpentry projects
- Complimentary How to Videos
- Take home worksheets
You’ll learn about
- Different types of carpentry tools Hand Tools and Power tools including power drill , impact driver and drop saw
- Learn how to draw and plan and provide a cutting list for our first decking project.
- All things wall framing ( base plates, studs, noggins and top plates ) and how to construct
- How to Sheet walls with plasterboard.
- How to repair a hole in plasterboard
- Different types of Plaster and how to use it
- Different types of door jambs
- You will learn about doors internal and external
- How to install a standard door lock
- Different types of skirtings, architraves
- Exterior structures such as Gates, fences and timber screens
Get Hands On
- Visit the local hardware store to be taught about timbers. The different types and how to choose the right timbers
- Construct a deck from scratch with our team including posts, bearers, joists and decking boards.
- Construct your very mini wall frame where you will add a door opening , sheeting it with plasterboard
- Repair a hole in the plasterboard and also plaster the joints
- Install a door jam, door and standard lock
- Work as a team and build a fence and gate project
- Install skirting and architraves on your wall project
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Save thousands on trade costs on your own renovations
- Have the confidence to construct your own carpentry projects
- You would have gained the knowledge to get you started in an apprenticeship
- Give you the inspiration to pursue more training to run your own maintenance business
BOOK YOUR SPOT
Select a date below
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
“Absolutely loved the carpentry course! Having little experience working with tools Penny took us through step-by-step so that we felt confident using tools and creating projects. I learnt so much. I would whole heartedly recommend this workshop to anyone. I’m so excited to use my new skills on future projects.”
About your trainer Penny
Penny Petiridis has been paving her way through the building & construction industry. With 28 years building experience in Carpentry, Metal Fabrication, Horticulture and also completing her Building & Construction Cert 4 she is a leader in her knowledge and field.
Penny has also been running her own renovations & building business Female Tradie which recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary. With Penny’s skills and attention to detail, Female Tradie is one of the most sought after contractors in Sydney.
Penny’s mission is to ENCOURAGE, TRAIN & SUPPORT women to follow their dreams. She understands how difficult it is to learn the tools and especially start a business in a male dominated industry. She’s passionate about making a difference and through her workshops & training she is determined to lead the way.